Even though I really wish I was at home for easter, I have to say that spring break last week wasn't all that bad.
Nate, Bri, Jake and I went all over. Well at least all over small parts of California.
We stayed in the Lake Tahoe area where Bri knew somebody who had an apartment we could live in for free. Also, Jake had a friend who worked at a ski resort who had four open season passes, which meant we could snowboard for free too. The whole trip ended up costing $free.99
Here are some (very many) pictures.
Nate and Bri at the apartment (that is for sale by the way for a small amount of pocket money,
only $ 500,000)
Outside of the apartment.
I'm going to spare you the snowboard pictures this time, although we did get some good ones.
On Thursday we went to San Francisco! You'll be amazed by how many things we did in only one day.
We went from this:
To this:
...in only a couple of hours!
First stop was Muir Woods. I have to tell you some stuff about Muir Woods first, it was pretty cool.
Muir Woods consists of California Redwood trees. They are huge, the tallest Redwood tree is 115 m (which makes it the tallest in the world!), and they can get up to 6 m wide. Some of the Redwood trees are 2000 years old. The bark can be up to 30 cm thick. The red color comes from a chemical called tannin. Tannin makes the bark and wood resistant to attacks by insects and fungi as well as fire. The roots can go 4m down and spread out 30m. Pretty cool if you ask me!
Here are some pictures from the park.
This isn't a Redwood, but it is still pretty cool.
Trying to figure out how old this one got
We found a home!
After I saw this picture, I also realized that these pants makes me look like I'm not wearing any pants.
I love this picture. I might have to hang it up in my house someday
"Sinnataggen" of Muir Woods
Jake took this picture. He's a talented little critter!
Over 1000 years old!
Leaving Muir Woods
Golden Gate, San Francisco.
Awkward family photo.
Crossing over
Random street view in San Fran
"Det var det året det var så bratt", sa Ida og parkera bilen.
Happened to pass the Norwegian consul.
China Town. I didn't expect it to be ONLY chinese people.
You have to be Norwegian to get this. Haha, sorry Mamma, men det var jækla komisk!
Alcatraz
Sea Lions at Pier 39
Back in Tahoe, checking out Lake Tahoe:
Jake and I also went to Reno one night for sushi with Jake's friend Stu.
Reno:
I didn't take a picture of Stu, but that's Stu's chevy.
Remind me again why spring break doesn't last for two weeks?
















































That looks soooooo fun. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteSea lions, eller seal lions?
ReplyDeleteTypiks, nå trur alle eg er tulling, hehe
ReplyDelete