Sunday, October 2, 2011

Auction

On Friday we went to the monthly horse auction here in Twin.
The reason:
We were auctioning away a horse from the Vet. Tech program.
Gretchen.
Poor Gretchen. I think she is pretty and I think it is sad that she was sold at the auction
FOR $90!!
Good thing I didn't stay to watch her get sold for $90, or I would have bought her for $95!
Isn't that sad? 
In Norway you can barely get a descent pair of rain pants for ninety bucks. And when I was a kid milk was like 7 NOK pr. liter.
Anyways,
We  wanted to come up with a funny and kind of exaggerated arabian name for her before the sale.
Gretchen just aint that catchy.
So I suggested Flame of Jasmine.
And Flame of Jasmine it was!

Here are some pictures from the auction.
(All taken with Jake's little Lumix! Gotta love that thing!)
Den svarte hesten forran her likna så på Tassen at eg var sikker på at det VAR Tassen med ein gong!

Erin is sad to watch Gretchen go.

Isn't she pretty?

Bye, bye Gretchen!








I suspect this poor little thing had worms.


Yes, we think you are very cool.






Hest i solnedgang.

Poor horses. I felt like it was like the auctions in Black Beauty, for you who has seen that movie.
Oh well, what can you do? Buy them all?

No comments:

Post a Comment