Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ron and I

Today Jake and I went to see Ron Paul speak here in Twin.
(For those of you in Norway who might not be updated, Ron Paul is one of the republican presidential candidates)
Jake kind of likes Ron Paul, and I just went along for...well...the cultural experience, I guess.
AND if he happens to be the new president of the US, I can say I've seen the president.

It was funny, people were booing, cheering, clapping, getting up and waving their hands. I think back home when we listen to politicians speak, we sit like we were in church.
That's ok, I sat like I was in church today, like a true Norwegian. I don't really feel like I have a say in what's right and wrong here in America.

I don't really care who gets elected as the new president here, but Ron Paul seems like a good guy.
One thing I liked was that he didn't talk very much down on the president or other candidates, instead he focused on the future and talking about his own plan. Good job! I hate it when it when people focus more on making others look bad rather then promoting their own ideas. 

Well, I feel like I got my cultural boost today.


No comments:

Post a Comment