Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year Party

Today we had a leap year party at the CSI fish hatchery.
First out was pizza, and then we had a fishing contest. Jake was catching fish like there was no tomorrow (as usual), but I couldn't catch any fish using a rod, so I ended up just reaching in and grabbing fish out of the pool, haha! It worked, I caught two fish (one was half dead).
After the fishing contest (which non of us won), we had contests with the frogs. Somebody brought a bucket of frogs, and we could just pick a frog for the contest.
I picked a frog that had one eye glued shut. Everybody picked on my frog because he was "One eyed", but I knew he was special! 
First up was the length jump contest where we measured how far the frogs would jump in three jumps. Most of the frogs were not willing to move, so we used feathers to try and tickle them. That didn't really work either. My frog wanted to walk more than he wanted to jump, but I figured out a trick; if I lifted his little arms up and then he got all inspired to start jumping.
Second part of the contest was an obstacle course. My froggie was a little grumpy because somehow I had gotten his back legs tied up in a knot when I was carrying him around. But I helped him untie his legs, and after a little bit of convincing he was good to go again. Unfortunately he mostly wanted to jump in one direction, but eventually we got through it, and I though he did very good although he wasn't the fastest.

But guess what?
My one eyed frog won the length jumping contest!!!
Guess how far he jumped?
72 inches or 187.5 cm in only three jumps!

We got a prize too

Yey for my one eyed froggie!! I hope he gets accepted and maybe some cred from the other frogs now.

Moral of the day:
Don't judge a book by it's cover, the books with the special look always jumps further!

No comments:

Post a Comment