Last week Jake and I started volunteering through the CSI Refugee Program.
All we have to do is go and hang out with two brothers from Burma.
They are called Hawng Lum and Hawng Dwi.
It is really fun. They are super nice and speak English very well.
I can't believe they came to the US in the end of August!
We haven't seen much of the youngest brother, he is always out fishing,
but last Tuesday we had Hang Lum over for pizza.
He had only eaten pizza once before, so Jake made pizza from scratch and it was amazing (as always).
On Saturday we went to Hawng Lum's house. He had cooked some traditional Burmese food for us.
It was unlike anything I've ever tasted before, but I liked it! Well, I guess it was kinda like Thai food..?
Anyways, I was very impressed on how much different food he had cooked for us.
Hawng Lum and Jake
Better than going to a restaurant!
This week is going to be very busy. I only have two tests, but I have some really hard ones next week that I need to study for.
In addition to that I have Animal Care, meaning I have to go out to the barn and care for the horses, pigs and cows every morning at 07.00 and every afternoon at 16.00.
I like it, but it sure takes up a lot of time.
Also, getting up at 06.00 in the morning on the weekend to go to the barn when I have been doing it all week, sucks.
Oh well. Better get used to it!


No comments:
Post a Comment