Friday, February 4, 2011

Park City

On Wednesday morning Jake and I went down to PC to meet up with some friends.
My friend Maria was doing the FIS World Championship for Sweden competing in slopestyle. Also my friends Sabine and Heather were in PC for a few days.

When we got down there on Wednesday I watched Maria's second qualifying run. Unfortunately she didn't make it to finals on Thursday, but I still think she did amazing! She ended up in 12th place and I felt like a proud big sister!
After the contest Jake and I took Maria and another girl, Nina, for some laps around the mountain.
It was a nice and sunny day, but coooold as ice.

Nina and Maria representin' Norway and Sweden

Later that night Jake and I drove down to Provo and stayed at Jake's cousin Amy's house. I was really fun to se Amy, Abby, Wes and Mike again!

On Thursday I did some laps in the small park in PC before I met up with Heather and Sabine. We hung out at the Cornerstore and Baja Cantina for some food and drinks. It was really nice to see them again and to hear about Heather's trip to Israel. Did you know that if you are Jewish, you can get a free trip to Israel? I figured I'd sign up to be Jewish for a year or two and go to Israel for free 
- who's with me?

Here we are at Baja Cantina!

Last night Jake and I slept in the car.
I only have one thing to say about that;
IT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN.

Arright. 
Remember the Fun Light movie we did?
Here is Maria's part:

Did I forget to mention Maria is an amazing snowboarder as well as a skier?
She pretty much rocks at everything she does....
...first try.
What a woman!


No comments:

Post a Comment