Guess where we went for our vacation?
Kenya
No, actually that's not true.
But we did go to the
ZOO
And it was
awesome!
But first things first. We set off from Røldal last Sunday and from there we drove to Oslo to visit my good friend Ane who is moving to Australia for 6 months. She left on Wednesday. It was so nice to hang out with her again. She is so cute and funny. Stayed at her house for our first night.
Day 2 Jake and I went to down town Oslo to find a guitar shop. After that we decided to go swimming. The beach we went to is called Huk but I'm pretty sure half of Oslo was there, so we figured we'd call up our friend Maria and see if she was down to go swim somewhere else with us. And if not, eat sushi. Hehe.
Before we left Huk I took some photos of the ducks and the birds there.
Pretty birdies.

Afterwards we met up with Maria and her friend. We all went swimming in this nice little lake and Jake tried fishing a bit.
As you can see, Jake and I weren't smart enough to put on sunglasses.
No fish
Maria
The next night we slept in the back of our van close to the same lake. It was the WORST thunderstorm I've ever seen that night, and we heard on the radio the nest day that lightning hit the ground 11 000 times in the Oslo area that night. Cozy. Not.
The next day we went to Skien and visited Vetle and Birgit at Meltvedt. It was very nice to go see them and of course the HORSES again.
On Wednesday we drove to the very south of Norway to the city of Kristiansand to visit my friend Anne-Marthe (who's also studying in Australia) and to go to the Zoo!!
(I'm very excited about our Zoo visit)
The baby giraffe was wondering where the feather came from
Wallaby

Red panda
Oh, this little monkey was teasing the big orangutang so hard. Haha. It was hilarious. The orangutang was trying to climb inside to his house and the little one kept kicking and biting his butt!
He's probably a very nice orangutang cause he could have just killed the little man if he wanted to.
It was really wierd to see all the animals in Norwegian scenery. But the craziest was seeing the tigers. Tigers in a Norwegian forest. Something's not quite right about this picture. But they seemed happy.
This little deer was just looking at all the people.
I got to feed the deers carrots with the kids. Haha. And Jake and I fed the giraffes branches with leaves.
Highlight of the day!

The mountain goat in the back pushed the one who's falling off the rock. Luckily it wasn't too far down and he landed on his feet, so it was kinda funny.
And then, my worst nightmare at the Zoo. My camera died on me. So I didn't get to photograph the rest of the animals!! Bummer!!
We saw wolves, crocodiles, Red Lion monkey, birds, snakes, flamingos...you name it, we saw it.
Good day! I was like a kid and Jake as a parent. Haha!
We stayed at Anne-Marthes house until Friday and then we drove to my cousin Monica and her man TJ in Stavanger. We stayed there for the weekend and shopped, hung out and met up with our friend Lotte.
Awesome vacation! Awesome hubby! Awsome friends and family! Awsome animals! Awesome food! Awesome weather! Awesome van!
Not so awesome camera battery.
Here's a nice little summer song for ya'll!
Here's a nice little summer song for ya'll!

















you guys are traveling maniacs! awesome awesome pics. i love the one of you with the hat on, super cute.
ReplyDelete