A I'm really smart and read a lot of books
B I have a really, really boring vacation
I don't read THAT many books, but this one was really short.
Also only in Norwegian I'm afraid. It's called "På Vegne Av Venner" or "On Behalf Of Friends" by a guy called Krisopher Schau. He's actually a musician/comedian and I can't say I think he's very funny or plays good music. BUT this book was kinda interesting.
Kristopher Schau
Not the typical guy you usually see at random funerals.
The book is about Krisopher who in a couple of months time attends funerals that nobody goes to. Sounds wierd? This is the case:
In Norway when somebody dies and they don't have any friends and family that are close to them, the Gorvenment pays for the person's funeral. The funeral announcement in the newspaper will say "On Behalf of Friends" instead of a list of family members at the bottom of the ad. And if they don't have anybody - nobody will attend the funeral either. Only the priest, the organ player and a representative from the funeral home.
And in this case Kristopher.
It's a pretty good book. And it made me think.
Would I be sad if...
...nobody came to my funeral?
After some debating in my own mind I found out.
No.
I wouldn't be that sad, because:
I've still lived my life and touched other peoples lives during my time.
I've met people, made impressions, laughed and cried with others.
I have shared things with other people; feelings, memories....
I have loved and I'm pretty sure there's at least a handful of people who loves me as well.
So even though nobody came. It's cool. I'm probably not that good company at my own funeral anyways. I've still lived and I know no matter how my funeral turns out, my life was good and full of happy people.
I think that was what the book was trying to say too.
I think that was what the book was trying to say too.
Wow, I wonder what other people think about this.
Just for the record. I'm not planning on going anywhere for a while.
Good funeral song:
Good funeral song:


No comments:
Post a Comment