During Christmas break I read Erlend Loe's newest book "Fvonk".
It was pretty funny, and good entertainment during a boring flight or something like that.
I love Erlend Loe's books. He is my absolute favorite.
This book is about a guy named Fvonk who rent out apartments in Oslo.
One day he gets a call from the government saying they want to rent two apartments, and guess who moves in for two nights a week? You guessed it, Jens Stoltenberg (our prime minister) or Jensebass, as I like to call him.
It's just a pretty funny book where we get to know the prime minister on...well...a different (and probably untrue) level. One example is that Jens' favorite palindrome (A word, phrase, or sequence that reads the same backward as forward) is
"Yo Banana Boy".
"Yo Banana Boy".
My favorite palindrome is Kari i Irak. Meaning "Kari in Iraq".
It doesn't add up as a palindrome English obviously, but I think that's the only one I know, ergo my favorite.
Anyways, it's a good book, although my Aunt Berit thinks it's kind of stupid.
To sum up: A good book, which is kind of stupid.
You should read it.
If your English maybe not, since it's in Norwegian.
HOWEVER
Erlend Loe's first book "Naïve Super" is translated into English and they have it at Barnes & Noble.
If you order it ONLINE it is only $10.87.
It's a pretty good book. Definitely worth ten bucks.
Go get it, boy.


No comments:
Post a Comment