Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hey

Sorry for not updating for two weeks.
You see, blogging wasn't exactly a priority when I had friends come visit.
I bet it was the first AND only time any of my friends will come visit me in Twin.
Prove me wrong. Please.

So anyways, it was AWESOME to have Ida, Torunn and Marianne here, and I miss them already!!
Here are some photos from their stay (stolen from Ida's camera).

First things first. We went to Shoshone Falls. Pretty much the only thing there is to see here in Twin.


I have to say I think the canyon is pretty cool.

I forgot, there is one more thing to see in Twin. The bridge.
Two things:
1. Shoshone Falls
2. The bridge.
Now you have seen it all. No surprises if anyone ever wants to come visit.

In America they have shopping-cart-scooters. I think it is meant for old people, but usually the fat people ride them. Luckily for Torunn there was not so many fat people at Wal Mart that day.

On the road again.

On Friday we picked up Marianne from Salt Lake and spent the weekend in Pocatello.
Here is a group photo in front of the Semons' mansion. 

First thing Saturday morning I took the girls to the Animal Shelter.
And what did we learn from that experience? If you want an animal, adopt one!!

A little Border Collie/Lab puppy who wanted to come out and play.

Saturday night we went bowling with Dustin and Kate.
Jake and I figured going bowling was a good cultural experience.
The Norwegians turned out to suck pretty hard in bowling, so we tried to make the pro Americans distracted by shouting HEIA HEIA HEIA every time it was their turn.
(HEIA, is like GO GO GO in Norwegian. Another handy expression to know)

Here are some classic bowling photos.


Telemark-nedslag


Check out TJ aka Torunn's score. Haha

After the bowling match we got to ride with Taylor in his Cadillac.

We drove through the Drive Thru at Taco Bell in the Cadillac. I felt pretty cool.
Haha, and when we ordered Torunn shouted "WE LOVE AMERICA!!" Hahaha

Here is Mark aka The Chick Magnet at Sunday dinner.

Back in Twin Falls. Our apartment looked like a refugee camp.
And if you are wondering; yes, that is a horse poster on the wall in out living room.
I love horses.

Here is a random guy teaching Torunn how to throw the lasso outside our apartment.

He missed.

And at last we ate Sushi.

For the last couple of weeks I have constantly been reminded of my non-photogenic smile.
I have a very distinct, fake smile on 90% of the pictures of me.
Marianne told me I looked like the chickens from the movie "Chicken Run".
And I'll be damned, she is right.







The pictures from Las Vegas will be posted in 10 years when we (and the world) are mentally ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment