Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Long time, long weekend

There are two reasons why I haven't updated.
1. I sliced my finger almost off, so it hurts to write both with a pen and on a computer. I even stabbed the knife through the nail.

2. Not much has happened besides homework.

I wrote a speech on Dugongs, but I don't think most people knows what they are, so I am going to show the "Dugong Song" in the beginning of my speech:


Unfortunately I bet my teacher will hate it. She doesn't like a lot of what I say or do.

Yesterday Jake and I actually DID something!!
We went to touristy places and then we went fishing.

I wanted to see the Oregon Train, and here it is!
Not Train, Trail.
It's because I have to write with my long finger instead of my point finger.

I thought this plant was cool, and decided it's called American Desert Lyng.

Lyng

Here in Hagerman they have found all kinds of fossils buried in sediment.

Like the Hagerman horse that is three million years - at least!

Jaja, said Jake, enough is enough.

I insisted on driving up to a viewpoint to overlook the Oregon Trail.
You see, when I was a kid I used to play Oregon Trail on the computer. My pioneers never made it to Oregon, they always died of pneumonia. Or the horses starved to death.

Oregon Trail

Oregon Trail landscape. Imagine walking here in the burning hot summers...or in the windy, freezing winters!

Tourist

Jake is touristy in his own country.

We went fishing for forever without getting much fish. I even tried to fish with marshmallows. 
But then we found a secret fishing spot and hit jackpot right away!

I caught one!

Jake won. He caught three!
Here he is posing with my fish too.


No comments:

Post a Comment