Saturday, September 10, 2011

What to do in Twin Falls?

Today we decided to go explore Twin a little bit.
There really isn't anything (I think) going on here.
So,
Her har ein ikkje meir moro enn ein lagar sjøl.

First we went down in the canyon.


Then we hiked up on a rock to get a better view


Don't ask me how they live here without water. But they are pretty!

View over the one side of the valley

View over the other side

Gotta have that tourist photo in front of the bridge.

Then we drove around and checked out the canyon from another side. Jake wanted to go fish down there, but couldn't figure out how to get down.

Then we figured it out, and Jake fished down there. It was in the middle of nowhere. We were possibly the first people at this amazing fishing spot EVER.

NOT
It was in the middle of a park.

The park had a tree in it that I liked.

Then I made a new friend in the park. I can't remember her name - something with an E. 
I'll just call her Juanita Solis. She and her Dad was from Nevada. She had just started 1st grade, and she actually lost a tooth this morning! We held hands, and according to Juanita we are BFF's 4ever.

She took a picture of me and I was very nice to let her borrow my new camera!
(Jake does not get to borrow it)

Then she took a picture of Jake and me.
Not a bad picture - creds Juanita!

Juanita and her Dad.
She was very sad when she realized we probably wont ever meet again,
but I told her that we did meet once and now that I have a picture of her and her Dad people will know that we met.
So everything is a-ok.

More random pics from the park:

Squirrel with a disk prolapse in the 10th vertabrae.

Going to the chiropractor!



My favorite photo of the day:

(I like it in B&W)

FYI:
Today I made the best smoothie I've ever made!
I'm not cheap, I will share the recipe.

BLUEBERRIES
ACAI-PUREÈ CONCENTRATE 
(frozen, unsweetened from Fred Mayer)
STRAWBERRY LEMONADE
VANILLA YOGHURT
(I used this low fat Australian yoghurt called Wallaby from Fred Mayer, and it is gooood)

This smoothie is
GØTTARE ENN PRIM!

To all of you English speaking peeps out there:
If you ever want to know something in Norwegian that is a handy saying.
You can use it whenever something is really good.

How was dinner?
Gøttare enn prim!

How was your trip to Mexico?
Gøttare enn prim, except from we got robbed 20 times.

How did it feel, kissing Brad Pitt?
(or in my case; Jake)
I'll tell ya, it was GØTTARE ENN PRIM!



3 comments:

  1. Du er lættis, ser ut som en riktig så herlig dag!! Jeg skal fortelle deg hvordan den blomen kan overleve der, og det er fordi den sannsynligvis har "a deeper root system than the other grasses around it", lærte jeg nemlig på skolen her forrige uke. Da lærte vi nemlig om grasslands, SO YEAH! Ha ei god uke, håper du klarer å få flere venner enn jeg har klart til nå (circa null)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Status: ca null her òg.
    Mi kan jo øve våre på å ha voldsomt få venner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, eg lær! Juanita Solis hadde tøffe boots.

    ReplyDelete