This weekend has been busy, busy and really fun!
It has been time for the annual fair here in Røldal.
On Friday I worked all day, but at night we had a party at Garasjen for the employees. Of course I haven't worked there in months and months...maybe not for a year,
but I own no shame and invited myself. And Jake.
On Saturday we went to the fairgrounds where I was supposed to work as a volunteer selling "Lappar" (can't explain what lappar is - it has to be tested out by tasting).
However I wasn't too stoked on lappe-baking when there was a rodeo contest going on with a mechanical bull. Thank goodness my Mom came to the rescue and took over the lappe-business.
Turned out we would never regret this trade cause I won the contest and everyone was happy.
14 seconds. Not very impressive, but still better than the guys. Haha!
Jake also had a go on the bull. He obviously doesn't have a born talent for rodeoing, but I'm very happy he tried. My hubby's pretty cool!
My aunt took some pictures and here you can see a local hero, Bjørn-Ove testing his balance on the bull.
Saturday night was party night.
And what does party night mean to me?
Work.
Yes.
The party was set at Garasjen, so the Garasje crew had to do their thing.
Rumor has it that there was about 650 people at the concert.
Too bad the bartenders didn't catch the concert, cause I think it was pretty cool!
Bjarne and D.D.E. doing their thing.
Yes, as a matter of fact that is an accordion he is holding.
Today I've just been hanging out, eating food and shopping on the last day of the fair.
My momma bought me a cool hat yesterday, and today I bought Jake sausages. One sausage was reindeer meat with juniper and the second one was plain good old moose sausage. Delicious.
For myself I bought fresh carrots with dirt on them.
Those are the best. I've almost eaten all of them already.
When the carrots are good - life is good.


No comments:
Post a Comment