Friday, November 5, 2010

Coming to America

I am finally here.
I hate flying.
There I said it.
Now you wont have to hear it again before next time I fly.
I had to pay overweight too.
It's ok to feel sorry for me.

When I got to Amsterdam I went through security once again and they took my Clinique face wash that I bought in Stavanger at the tax-free, and it was even in a sealed bag WITH the receipt in it.
This is how the conversation went:

Dutch guy: I have to take this away from you cause it's too big to bring on an American Airplane.
And this too (my lipgloss).
Me: I wished they would have told me that in the tax-free in Stavanger. Well you can give it to your girlfriend. She'll be stoked.
Dutch guy: I don't have a girlfriend.
Me: But, with all this stuff I'm sure you could get one.
Dutch guy: Where are you from?
Me: Norway.
Dutch guy: I'm going to Norway next year. Can I come visit you?
Me: Well, if you were to you'd have to bring me the stuff you just took from me from the tax-free.

Moral of the story: Don't take away a girl's beauty products and then try to hit on her.
Especially if she's married.
It's a loose/loose situation.

I got through immigration in Detroit. Not without pain.
Had to be questioned by two police officers in "the back".
But, I charmed my way through it.

Then Jake picked me up in Salt Lake.
He's so handsome.
I think I'd forgot how handsome he was.

Today we've been visiting the Grandparents.
And I got a membership at the gym.

Now Jake is at work and Mark and I are going to eat some fish.

It's nice to be on vacation.

Over and out.






No comments:

Post a Comment